The option to selection your baggage preference has closed.
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a better and safer post-race experience, baggage options are as follows:
- Check a bag on race day that is transported to the finish area OR
- Forgo baggage check and receive a Marathon Finish Poncho upon exiting Central Park.
**Note: If you chose the baggage option (or are assigned this option) and decide not to check a bag on race day, you will still be designated as a baggage runner and will be required to exit via the baggage exits. You will not receive a Marathon Finish Poncho. The "no-baggage" exit is reserved for runners who chose this option.**
Baggage selections are subject to availability. Any runners who did not make a baggage choice by the July 31 deadline were assigned an option based on remaining availability.
Option 1: No-Baggage
Choosing this option offers two advantages (watch the no-baggage video):
- After you finish the marathon, you will have the earliest exit from Central Park and quickest access to Family Reunion and public transportation.
- You will receive a waterproof, wind-resistant Marathon Finish Poncho to keep you warm and dry, distributed after you exit from Central Park at 77th Street. Family members and friends will not have access to this area inside the park, or outside near the exit points, due to security restrictions and frozen zones. We recommend meeting in Family Reunion or another designated spot, such as a restaurant or hotel.
We recommend the no-baggage option for runners who:
- Do not need specific items at the start.
- Can have friends or family members meet them in Family Reunion.
- Live or have accommodation in or near NYC.
- Are experienced in running marathons and understand the post-finish experience.
If you choose this option you will receive an Official Start Village Bag and no-baggage wristband at the Expo. This bag may be used to bring pre-race items into the start village at Fort Wadsworth, but may not be checked for transport to the finish. (All items left at the start will be gathered and donated to Goodwill Industries or recycled.) The wristband, along with your race bib, must be worn during the race and will identify you for the early exit from Central Park. After you receive your post-race amenities, you can follow the color-coded signs that match your wristband and bib label to exit the park. The exit is approximately 1/2 mile from the finish line, and is the earliest exit location where runners are permitted to leave the park. It will take 20-30 minutes to exit.
Runners with medication needs will be able to make arrangements with our medical director to check these items at a designated medical area at the start and have them safely and securely transported to the finish. No narcotics (including prescription painkillers and Tylenol with codeine) and no medications that require refrigeration will be accepted. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Option 2: Baggage
Watch the baggage video.
Choosing this option allows you to check a bag at the start for transport to the finish. Baggage can be picked up in the post-finish area inside Central Park between 81st and 85th streets. You will exit at 81st Street or 85th Street depending on your bib number. It may take up to an hour to retrieve your bag and exit the park after you cross the finish line. Family members and friends will not have access to this area inside the park, or outside near the exit points, due to security restrictions and frozen zones. We recommend meeting in Family Reunion or another designated spot, such as a restaurant or hotel.
Runners who choose this option will recieve an Official UPS Bag and a sticker at the expo. This bag, with sticker affixed, will be checked at the start. Only Official UPS Bags may be checked; backpacks and other bags will not be accepted. The Official UPS Bag will be large enough to hold shoes, warm clothing, and small personal items.
**Note: If you choose the baggage option (or are assigned this option) and decide not to check a bag on race day, you will still be designated as a baggage runner and will be required to exit via the baggage exits. You will not receive a Marathon Finish Poncho. The "no-baggage" exit is reserved for runners who chose this option.**