We strongly recommend that runners take official TCS New York City Marathon transportation to the start to guarantee an on-time arrival. Once you log in to your My NYRR profile, your transportation options will be made available on your dashboard. These options are based on information that you provided to us. We assure you that the choices displayed will get you to the start in time. Each option has limited availability and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. After capacity is reached, the transportation options will no longer be displayed as a choice in your profile. You may change your option up until the deadline, pending availability.
The deadline for selecting your transportation to the start is 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 31, 2015. At that time, all selections will be considered final.
Please note: Transportation is for race participants only. Spectators are not allowed in the Start Village in Staten Island.
Official Transportation Options
Note: Use MTA Trip Planner to plan your trip to your official transportation departure location, and be sure to check for the latest updates that may affect your trip.
Four Easy Steps to Submit Your Choices
- Log in to My NYRR.
- Select the Races and Registration tab on the left side, under My NYRR.
- Scroll to 2015 TCS New York City Marathon on your dashboard.
- Choose your transportation and submit!
Private Vehicles and Drop-off Information
- Private vehicles will be directed to Lily Pond Avenue (outside Fort Wadsworth) to drop off runners only. There is no parking for private vehicles.
- The walk from the drop-off area to the staging area is approximately one half mile.
- Private vehicles coming to Staten Island through New Jersey must drop off their runner(s) and clear the Staten Island Expressway by 6:45 a.m., at which time the expressway closes to vehicular traffic.
- The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge will close to all traffic promptly at 6:45 a.m. No vehicles will be able to cross the bridge after this time.
Hotels Offering Transportation
If you have made a hotel reservation through Anthony Travel to stay at either the New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott or the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, transportation will be available for you to get to the race start, as well as the Health and Wellness Expo. See here for further details.
Questions? Help is at hand!