As race day approaches, we'll provide helpful information, maps, and timelines to ensure you have a safe and seamless experience. For answers to frequently asked questions, visit our Help Center.
All information is subject to change.
- Review the map of the start area.
- Read important information about Security measures.
- Read about NYRR’s color-coded Event Alert System that will communicate start, course, and finish conditions on race day.
- The 2015 TCS New York City Marathon had four wave starts for runners, preceded by starts for professional wheelchair athletes, handcycles, and some professional runners. The four wave start times ranged from 9:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. While we expect start times to be similar in 2016, the 2015 information is provided for reference only.
- Runners had until July 31 to select their transportation to the start and bag-check/post-race poncho options. Runners who did not select transportation and wish to do so may select from limited options in-person at the expo. Runners who did not make a bag-check/post-race poncho selection will be assigned to the bag-check option.