ENTRY PERIOD: Contest begins Monday, December 2, 2013, at 12:01 a.m.EST; ends Monday, December 2, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST
HOW TO ENTER: All participants must have successfully submitted the Official 2014 TCS New York City Marathon application to be eligible to win one (1) of twenty-six (26) guaranteed, non-complimentary entries into the 2014 TCS New York City Marathon (the “Prize”). Participants can officially apply at https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login. New York Road Runners (“NYRR”) reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his/her contest entry) from this contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by NYRR if he/she tampers with the application or contest process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the contest.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The twenty-six (26) Prize winners will be determined by a random drawing (the “Drawing”) from among all eligible applications received during the EntryPeriod. The Drawing will be conducted on Tuesday, December 3, 2013. Representatives of NYRR, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest, will conduct the Drawing. Prize winners will be notified by email on December 3, 2013. Prize winners will be required to confirm receipt of such winner notification by replying by email to NYRR by December 11, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Confirmation”). Email confirmation will need to include first name, last name address, phone number and date of birth.
- PRIZES AND ODDS: There will be twenty-six (26) Prize winners. Each Prize winner will receive (1) guaranteed, non-complimentary entry to the 2014 TCS New York City Marathon. Payment of any and all entry fees, taxes, or other charges related to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. As this is a promotional award, Prize winners may not exchange or receive cash-equivalent. The chances of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entrants entering the contest during the Entry Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to all individuals who will be 18 years of age on or before November 2, 2014, and have successfully applied to the 2014 TCS New York City Marathon during the Entry Period.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering the contest, Prize winners agree that NYRR may use their name, email address, ZIP code or country/postal code, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- POSSIBLE FORFEITURE OF PRIZES: Winners will forfeit their Prize and that Prize may be awarded to alternate winners if their Confirmation is not received by NYRR by December 11, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- GENERAL: This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of New York, County of New York. NYRR and its representatives are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, emails, mail or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices; or for transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, NYRR is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. NYRR disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the contest and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond NYRR’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a website notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. NYRR reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in the contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of NYRR representatives and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in the contest. By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to, and hereby does, release NYRR and its directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any Prize or participation in any Prize-related activity.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NYRR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of Prize winners, email “[email protected]” with the following subject line: “Please send the winners’ list for the 2014 TCS New York City Marathon Application contest.” The winners’ list will be sent via email to requesting parties after selection and verification of winners.
- QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Email “[email protected]”